Some of you might wonder why clay?
* Clay is a very strong medium for expressing one’s creativity as it is pliable. The longest established type of pottery is earthenware, dating back to the Stone Age.
* Working with clay improves one’s dexterity, as it uses both small & large muscles.
* Excessive body heat is removed over a period of time when working with clay on hands/ legs, and thus therapeutically, it cools our body. Mud Packs are also very useful and cool our system.
* Patience, Concentration power, reflex action, as well as eye-hand coordination develops & improves over a couple of month’s practice.
* Little fingers & hands of the children are strengthened while working with clay due to its firm nature. Larger muscles of the arms, back & shoulders also get exercised in the bargain.
* Pottery as a therapy” is a stress buster …working with clay can be particularly soothing and useful for releasing tension or frustration.
* As a hobby too, it is quite cheap to pursue, compared to many other pursuits in today’s environment.
AIR broadcast - Malini's Pottery
104.8 FM- CHENNAI live Channel A
As seen on TV - Malini's Pottery as therapy and art
'Awesome is the word'! - says Uma
Click on the picture to read more and view pictures...
Coming up more.....